The next Board meeting has been scheduled for July 27, at 5:30pm. All owners are welcome to attend.
The Agenda is posted in each building lobby.
Our 2016 budget was approved. Flood insurance survey results were reviewed. 31 units replied to the survey, 19 voting to continue flood insurance. The board voted to continue flood insurance.
We said goodbye to our Board President, Bob Burkart. Bob and his wife are moving to Tennessee to be closer to family there. Sara Arie was appointed to the board and Ross Steketee accepted a nomination to be interim President. We will elect a new board in February 2016.
If you attended the Marina Village 3rd Annual Kayak & BBQ Fun Day, you know the dish that everyone was talking about was the Curried Chicken Salad.
Marcela Bryant shares the recipe:
Yield: Makes 12 generous servings
4 cups chicken broth
1 medium onion, cut in quarters
2 celery stalks
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. whole black pepper
1 bay leaf
3 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 Tbsp. hemp hearts (from health food store)
4 tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
2 celery talks, chopped
1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 heaping tsp. curry powder
1 cup curried whole cashew nuts
1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
salt and pepper to taste
Bring chicken broth, onion, celery stalks, salt, pepper, and bay leaf to a boil. Add chicken breast. Add more water if necessary to cover chicken and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes until cooked.
Removed chicken from broth and cool completely. Cut chicken into small cubes. Add hemp hearts, scallions and chopped celery,
In a separate bowl combine mayonnaise and curry powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add curry mix to chicken and mix well. Add cashew nuts and grapes. Stir gently to combine. Enjoy!
….has been released. You can find it, and all previous Newsletters in our Newsletter Section on the website.
Residents in our 540 Building have been asking about the street light that covers the North parking lot and path to the 540 Building. The light has been extinguished for some time.
The light is now ON! Thanks to Bill Crews (a 550 Resident and FPL employee) who identified and assisted in the illumination.
Marina Village now has 4 new Bright House WIFI hot spots. Each building now has it’s own hotspot.
To access a Bright House Networks WiFi area free of charge, you must:
To log in to a Bright House Networks WiFi area:
- If your wireless device does not automatically display your wireless network choices, open your wireless network options and select CableWiFi or Bright House Networks.
- Open your Internet browser. The Bright House Networks Cable WiFi page opens.
- Under Free WiFi for Bright House Customers, click Log In.
- Under Bright House Networks Customer Login, enter your My Services Username andPassword or your Road Runner Email address and Password.
- Click Log In.
- If the Log In Successful page opens, you can browse the Internet.
- If you receive an error message, enter your login information again, and click Log In.
Did You Know?
- After 60 minutes of idle time, your device will be disconnected from the wireless network. If this occurs, you can log in again.
- The roaming provider for your connection is Road Runner.
- Only one user can log in with the same My Services account or Road Runner email address at one time. However, you can use sub account email addresses simultaneously. As a High Speed Internet customer, you have at least 10 addresses available to you.
- See the Bright House Networks WiFi page to find WiFi in your area. The login process is the same whether the WiFi area is designated as Bright House Networks, CableWiFi, public area, or business location.
Our Newsletter Editor, Christine Evans, has released the September Newsletter. It can be found here.
Looking for something fun to do in Brevard County?
The following is a listing of fun things to do in Brevard County Florida. This directory covers locations such as Melbourne, Cocoa, Viera, Titusville, and Merritt Island. Only locations that appear to provide ongoing entertainment or popular attractions are listed below. Examples are local zoos, nature parks, museums, amusement parks, and shops. Listings here tend to provide family friendly recommendations for family vacation planning or for local residents looking for something fun to do in their area. You can also visit our Jobs in Brevard County directory that provides a comprehensive listing of legitimate Space Coast area employers.
Follow the link below for fun local activities: